Relaxin in the Caribbean


Advertisement
Published: October 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from Banana BeachView from Banana BeachView from Banana Beach

I still look at this picture 6 months later to relax.
After 6 days on the mainland, in the rainforest, we finished up our last 3 remaining days on the beautiful sandy beaches of the Ambergris Caye, in San Pedro. The island is higher class than the rest of the mainland, and more Americanized. The water was clear blue and green and warm, like in the 70s. Absolutely picturesque. To get around on the island, everyone uses golf carts. The only real vehicles are taxi cabs and construction vehicles. Not as fast paced as our time in San Ignacio, but so nice. We spent most of the time lounging in chairs on the sand, sitting in the shade of palm trees. We did go snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley. It was amazing, we saw so many fish, sea turtles, stingrays, and nurse sharks. Lupe help a stingray, while I held an 8 foot nurse shark and gave another one a kiss. I am weird like that. We have both fallen in love with snorkeling. I prefer it to scuba diving, because the scuba gear is so much more cumbersome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Streets of San PedroStreets of San Pedro
Streets of San Pedro

The humidity was getting to the camera.
Us at the beachUs at the beach
Us at the beach

We were so sad to leave to end our trip.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb