San Pedro


Advertisement
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

*quick note: the photos for San Pedro and San Ignacio are mixed up...diving was in San Pedro and school girls in San Ignacio...sorry....

leaving Mexico behind and hitting the open road of Belize was next in the plans. on the retired school bus we met drew and adrian..a couple of fun adventure seekers with a plan to find some perfect kite surfing conditions. instead they talked us into putting off our plans of heading to guatemala and do some world famous diving off of the islands of belize. considering our rough schedule...we bit. we decided on ambergris caye..a tiny fishing town gone diving crazy. the Blue Hole was our destination for morning but tonight it was the first ever christmas boat parade complete with steel drum music on the beach and...forget it, the elecricity went out. we donned our head lamps and began our search for some lime, and coke to partner with that delicious local rum. with the precious grocery list completed..we came back in time to have the beaches burst to life and lights returned. we found out later this was a common occurance to find yourself in darkness on this island. luckily our humble residence for the night was sitting right on top of all the beach celebration. humble or not, it was our first hot water in almost a week...felt like the four seasons hotel to us.
the trip out to the blue hole went as planned and our first dive was at 135 feet. we descended to the shelf containing the cathedral like setting with the stalagmites and stalagtites that reached lengths of 25 feet. just then, i noticed everyone´s head looking out to the deep blue. doing the same, i could make out more than a few sharks getting closer. it´s apparent to me now that nothing else in the water matters much to me when sharks are around, nor do the school lessons of which sharks eat you or not. the toothy little friends joined us along with say 15 more until they darted in and out of our group. the next two dives were less eventfull but just as gorgeous with the visibility around 100 feet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



9th December 2006

hey
Thanks for all the pretty pictures!!! It looks like you are having fun!! well we will keep looking at the pictures and still write to you. Talk to you later. Love you and miss you
10th December 2006

Address's and Fun
Hey guys, sounds like your having a great time. Atttached are the emails your requested. Jthirlwall@laserquest.com ahcos@bigpond.net.au Love you guys!!! more to follow Burtionous maximus eatus meatus drinkus beerus
20th December 2006

cute
haha cute! i am soo jealous
19th October 2007

Your Trip to Belize
I enjoyed reading your blog on Belize and your photos were great! "I DO" BELIZE WEDDINGS! Keli

Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb