GREEN Garden of the Groves


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Hummingbirds 84 secs
2: Waterfall 30 secs
This is us, balancing our BLUE WATER overload with some GREEN EARTH 'get our feet on the ground' time. Step inside, hide in the shade and enjoy the deep earthy smells at the Garden of the Groves. The $15 fee, $10 for seniors, is worth it. But just for you, on the blog ... FREE! : )

Now we've started videoing a little, we're amazed at the hussle-bussle of nature. If it works, try our video of crazy hummingbirds diving into the last call of afternoon nectar. After that, check the waterfall video, complete with ducks on the edge.

This park was privately owned by a couple who donated it to the public. Coincidentally, the family's name was Groves. It's located almost in the centre of Grand Bahama Island, near the Grand Lucayan Waterway that dissects the island. It is a very cool place to stroll for a couple of hours, especially on a sunny day. Take your time and bring your wallet because there are nice art booths with friendly vendors and a restaurant in the heart of the park.

We won't bother you with too much chit-chat. Just enjoy a walk in the park with a lovely labyrinth halfway through. We actually did a curious video of our shadow selves, feet silently passing on the way into the centre of the labyrinth. We'll have to be in a certain mood to play it back.

Hope you can think 'summer' and have a groovey time in the Groves.




Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Tree SculptureTree Sculpture
Tree Sculpture

Dedicated to early native groups on Grand Bahama
Have a seat...Have a seat...
Have a seat...

Wait for the picture takers.
Garden smoochingGarden smooching
Garden smooching

To heck with the labyrinth!


8th May 2011

Thanks for the pics.
Hi, Chris and Frank. When we look out of our window we see 4 daffodils and 3 red tulips. The rest of the patch looks brown and in need of attention. So thank you for the Sunday morning beauty spots on the computer. You are looking well. Don't forget to come by when you return to the not so frozen north. Keep well and happy. Ursula and Herb.
8th May 2011

Great shot!
The opening pic of the three of you says it all. Donna

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb