Back in Exuma!


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Exuma » Georgetown
October 14th 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We went to Exuma in July of 2011 and really fell in love with the place. It is so quiet and relaxing. It is sort of like having your own private island and beach. The beaches are amazing and the water is so clear.

It was so nice to be back! We immediately felt at home as we went through customs and immigration. We caught a taxi to our condo, which is the same condo we stayed at last trip. It is called Sapphire Garden Townhomes. They are closed on Sunday, but like last time, they said they would leave the condo open for us. They also would stock the refrigerator with some drinks. We were dropped off in front of the unit and were a little nervous.

You see, last time they had a sign in the window of our condo that had my name on it. This time there was no sign. We knocked on one door and there was no answer. My wife walked in and it seemed like it had been inhabited. I knocked on the door of the unit we were in last trip and there was no answer. I walked in and went to the refrigerator. Aha! I saw the drinks we requested, so this was it! It felt so nice to be back here. We bring food down for breakfast and lunch to save on money, so we made a lunch and ate it.

After, we went down to Jolly Hall Beach. We have not been to many beaches in Exuma, but this was the best one by far. Last time one side was rougher than the other, as it is on sort of a little peninsula. This time it was the opposite. It was very rough on the one side, so we stayed on the other side mostly. We saw some pretty colorful fish on the coral reefs. We stayed out there until probably 5pm. We saw some people we met last time also, and we chatted with them for a bit.

After freshening up, we walked across the street for dinner at Augusta Bay. It was really good food, and I had some blackened shrimp with a rum punch. We went back to condo at about 8pm and I stayed up watching football and baseball.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb