Begginings


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Abaco
September 19th 2009
Published: September 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,
We did make away from Kingston on the 16th as planned, we did not cross that night. We instead crossed in the morning. Those of you who have received my email already know it was not the most pleasant crossing ever, not the worst either. As it turned out we choose the correct day.
The next day would have been truly horrible and perhaps dangerous to enter Oswego. Two coast guard vessels were outside the entrance to render assistance, and to turn fishermen back into the harbour.
Today all the sails are off, the booms are down and the cabin top is being re-arranged to accept all of the booms etc.. Some kind gentlemen returning have given us a couple of charts we were missing. The marina will unstep the masts on Monday.
I am not thrilled with the dock we are at, it is quite a climb up and down and very narrow. Diana and David will know how I stop and think before attermpting such moves,just ask them. In any case the folks here all have been very nice and in general it has been nice visiting this town.
More soon as able


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



19th September 2009

Where to?
Ok, where the sam hey are ya off ta??? Heading to open sea, carribean, palm trees, or de barren rock of NFLD???? Other way, up the great lakes, remember the gales of November????
20th September 2009

GOOD START
Great, you've officially started. Diane and I will be watching your progress South.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb