Mishay's Reflections


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Abaco
June 19th 2008
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Turtle Dinner in CaymanTurtle Dinner in CaymanTurtle Dinner in Cayman

Yes, this is a plate of Turtle fin and liver with Pigeon Peas and Rice.
Mishay's Reflections:
What an awesome opportunity!! I have enjoyed fellowship with Rotarians in Cayman Islands, New Providence, and now Abaco. Our hosts have afforded me the opportunity to experience their fabulous cuisine, rich culture, religious worship, and schools in the Islands. I promise you, the sights that tourists access do not begin to compare to being immersed in the culture and experiencing the day-to-day life. I have enjoyed dining on island cuisine ranging from Turtle with Pigeon Peas & Rice with Carl and Hazel to Conch and fish prepared in native dishes with our hosts in Nassau and Abaco. I will miss this cuisine when I return home!!!

My experience was enhanced tremendously after touring Pedro St. James in Cayman, experiencing a glimpse of the social issues at the Dundas Theatre performance with the Rotarians of New Providence and comparing vocational celebrations and challenges through each vocational opportunity. I have been blessed to visit with school leaders in both government and private schools on each island. Conversations with school principals were extremely inspiring and I anxiously anticipate written exchanges between students in Phoenix and the Islands.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Pedro St. JamesPedro St. James
Pedro St. James

Unbelievable!! Our tour was facilitated by an actual descendant who shared details from his family heritage.
Boatswain's Turtle FarmBoatswain's Turtle Farm
Boatswain's Turtle Farm

Turtles of all sizes can be found within the Boatswain's Turtle Farm.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb