B4 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

http://www.visitaruba.com/about-aruba/general-aruba-facts/government-and-politics/

The place I'm most interested to travel to would have to be Aruba just because it's really differnt from Chicago. In the article it says it's on a island ans is part of the Netherlands Antilles, which is kind of their government. The Aruba governent is really differnt from others because it's part of a government, with a six island federation. The other islands include are Bonaire, CuraƧao, St.Maarten, Saba and St. Eustatius. As it states in the article the main people in charge of the island's goverment is the Prime Minister, Michael godfied EMAN and Head Governer Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. The main people of this country really don't interact with their people. They just make sure everything in order and no laws are broken. But the Queen does pick the governor of Aruba who holds office for a 6-year term, and is their to represent the Queen. In addition, Aruba has its own constitution, mostl from Western democratic principles, so its a constitutional monarchy.



The theme i picked for this was political structures and forms of of governance. Basically telling how the country or region is and how it is controlled. Or ow the government treats their people in that country. It also just explains who is in power and in control to make the big decisions in that place. To me Aruba seems like a nice place and the government doesn't seem strict. Plus, they say there are multiple cultures there, which means probably not a lot of criticism torwards different cultures. Therefore, Aruba is a friendly place to be at and has great temperatures for vacation by the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb