Saturday in delightful Aruba


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Noord
October 7th 2017
Published: October 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we experienced torrential rains and lightening, from about 5:30 am. After it quieted down, we went to the bird sanctuary and saw yellow warblers - wonder if they are the same ones we see in Cleveland in May? And coots and moorhens and a sea eagle and other wading birds we can't remember their names. Then joined the butterfly place for tour - always fun, and always informative as I can't remember one time to the next. Very hot though. David and I headed out for an afternoon snorkel at Arashi and sadly the visibility was poor, due to rain runoff? But it was warm and lovely to just float around seeing whatever came our way.

Last night John and Robin were keen enough to see the Indians play that they went to the casino near La Cabana. David dropped them off right after we returned from snorkeling, and then we watched the final innings - except they left during the 11th. What a relief to hear the final news that they Indians squeezed another one out. David and I ate the final leftovers of red snapper curry - yum!

So, this morning it was back to counting turtles - but John's mask was not cooperating and he gave up. We 3 saw 8, and 2 plain trunk fish (rarer than their spotted cousins), no eels or octopi (I'm looking constantly) tho. Very lovely day, not choppy in the water at all.

So, on to some photos. If you look carefully you can see the rainbow - tho we saw a double, faintly. It shows you how close/far we are from the high rises and the beach too. Lots of lovely butterflies, including quite a few mating ones. That final one is just to remind those of you who have been here how lovely and uncrowded the beach is - and this a Saturday. By the afternoon many Aruban families will have arrived to enjoy the beach. In fact, up at Arashi there were 4 tents, a truck with shower, port-a-potties, etc. for a big group/family, and we wonder how wet they got. By the time we snorkeled, everything had dried out at least.

fyi, virtually every day our lunches are multi-grain rolls with fruit, seeds, nuts, to die for!! with gouda and sliced tomatoes. I got some liverwurst. Tonight, unless we can't get reservations, we will go for a restaurant that has a special 3-courses-for-$30 - the entire month of October. I'm sitting out on our balcony enjoying the lovely tropical breezes, sort of "floating" from all the hours in the sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb