Night train to Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 1st 2017
Published: March 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

So another night train, actually the same one we have been catching , just further down the line, and that means all humanity has already used the beds, loos etc, and no cleaning has taken place. As Ken put it, we have done second class, third class, and now worst class!

As usual we only had 5 mins to get across the tracks, and clamber up into the train, and in doing so Ken gashed his leg, but no time to do anything, just get into our allocated cabin, while having to expel the squatters! Once we set off, Kennhad to fix his leg, and I went off to tackle the loo, only I had to clamber over all the sqatters who had now laid down in the corridors, or set up camp beds in any space possible! We knew we were arriving in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city, but everyone still calls it Saigon) at 04:30, so all went to bed quickly.

Next morning I commented that it hadn't been as bad as we were told, i.e. Cockroaches, when three of the buggers walzed past my feet.

We got a couple of hours rest, and then went off to see the Cu Chi Tunnel complex. Within seconds of walking into the forest it was like a sauna. We watched the propaganda film (innocent, happy farmers picking fruits, attacked by the devil filled Americans) and the went to see some more of the 250 km of tunnels in this area. Got the chance to crawl through some, only went 30m, and declined the chance to do 60m. Clever and ingenious little farmers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb