Saigon and the Mekong Delta


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
October 7th 2006
Published: October 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived Wednesday in Saigon- Ho Chi Minh City. It's a very nice city and there's a really good vibe in Vietnam.

We spent a day and a half wondering around the streets, went to the Reunification Palace and learned a bit about the history of the country.

The people are very friendly and very welcoming.

On Friday, we took a 2 day trip to the Mekong Delta, one of the biggest rivers in the world- Starts in Tibet and ends in Vietnam. It was an organized tour where we tasted banana wine, honey wine, coco nut candies, vietnamese tea with mandarin and honey, local fruits and anything that could be consumed almost........

We went to a floating market, on the river and actually took part in the trade- tasting mostly........... it was nice to see and while on the boat you see the life of the locals, who live and work along the river.

In addition, we got a quick lesson in making these coco nut candies, making rice noodles and moskito sticks, as they say- now we're qualified..........

We got back and spent a few more days here, before heading to Mui Ne Beach, on Tuesday (Sven and Melanie: Vielen Dank nochmal!!! Wir haben Alex gemailt und er hat uns geantwortet..wir freuen uns auf eine Woche relaxen).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb