You want motabike madame?


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
October 11th 2006
Published: October 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

.countdown-container { text-align:center; margin:10px; } .countdown { font-family:"Lucida Console", Courier,monospace; width:auto; float:none; margin:0 auto; background:#ddd; border:1px solid #aaa; } .countdown-inner { float:none; width:auto; background:#fff; border:1px solid #aaa; padding:10px; } .countdown-inner .row { float:none; width:auto; text-align:left; } .countdown-inner ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ho Chi Minh MuseumHo Chi Minh Museum
Ho Chi Minh Museum

This boat had a fake bottom for transporting guns for the militia
Weddings PicsWeddings Pics
Weddings Pics

EVERYWHERE in Saigon, you could see people having wedding photos taken. EVERYWHERE!
Let's see if I can remember names...Let's see if I can remember names...
Let's see if I can remember names...

From me counter-clockwise, thats Marissa, Landon, Roy and of course my wonderful host, Allyson.
Maybe it's in the water?Maybe it's in the water?
Maybe it's in the water?

Everyone was pregnant in Saigon!
Canadian ThanksgivingCanadian Thanksgiving
Canadian Thanksgiving

The MC, dressed as a Canadian Mountie!
Canadian ThanksgivingCanadian Thanksgiving
Canadian Thanksgiving

Yes...I broke the vegetarian thing to eat a little turkey...oh, so good!
Kenny, Jess and SoniaKenny, Jess and Sonia
Kenny, Jess and Sonia

So nice to meet some fellow Canadians! (Well, actually Kenny was American and Sonia was Australian, but we pretended they were Canadian for the night:)
Taking InventoryTaking Inventory
Taking Inventory

All of this fits into my backpack...just cool to look at it all like thing eh?!



25th October 2006

How heavy is your pack?
No, seriosuly, how heavy is it? I know you did all sorts of awesome things and met all sorts of people, but I need to focus on the last picture. Now I know who can pack an elephant into a suitcase. The coffee part sounds good too. Mmmm coffee, I can almost smell it from here. Can't wait til the next installment.
25th October 2006

What is "herpes" in Vietnamese?
hahahahahahahahahaha Did you ever find out what those people were doing? You know what it reminded me of? Did you ever see that movie EuroTrip? Of course, you've seen it...forgot my audience. Anyhoo, remember the scene when they're waiting in line to get into the Louvre, and there's that robot mime guy, and the main character starts imitating him, and they get into a robot mime throwdown fight? If that little girl hadn't come along, I could so see it progressing to something bad. As for those horrible things in the war museum, they're hard to see, but I think everyone should see those things at some point. It serves as a reminder for our generation to not repeat the mistakes and atrocities of the generation we came from. Thank you for being my best friend and coming through for me even when you're in a shack in the middle of a Cambodian swamp. It would mean the world to me even if you were in your jammies sipping coffee at home in Richmond Hill, but it means SO much more that you were in a swamp, and hell, it'll make a good story for us to tell. I printed off your emails and they're now in my journal that I take everywhere with me. I miss you!! What's the countdown of days right now?
26th October 2006

I'm still fantastic
can you comment on the tendency of people in your pictures to flash the peace sign?
26th October 2006

J folk...
Oh Davey, you KNOW that all J folk flash the peace sign, and its the same guy (Yusuke) in all those pics. Wait until you go to Japan yourself...you'll see!
27th October 2006

Turned them down?
So you turned the African guys down again? Oh Allyson looked just as great as an expectant mother!
27th October 2006

One lss fat lady in Saigon...
Hi Krysta Newsflash - Nicky had her little boy, named Tai, weighing in at 2.9kg on Tuesday night by Caesarian... he was 3 weeks early but doctors were a little worried about his heart rate slowing to 50bpm so they decided to bring him out early. Nicky is elated, handling the pain and enjoying her son... I have about 7 weeks to go and latest stats says she's already 2.5kg so I may have a whopper on the way! Phirun emailed and said he enjoyed the evening out in Phnom Penh with you, and I sent him on your photos - is he on your blog list yet? Glad to see you are still enjoying life on the road, though passport problem slowed you down a bit I guess... c'est la vie! Enjoy yourself wherever you are!
29th October 2006

hi krysta I love ur travel journal!!!! u really did a good job on ur website! if u want u can go on my website:www.funkeyanimalsrocktheworld.piczo.com. I cant wait to see u at Christmas!!! <3 Rachael
22nd November 2006

no coffee for me...
but when i was there i couldn't get enough of the bread! maybe that was because i had been in japan with only access to jland bread for the previous 8 months...
6th May 2007

Strange staring people
Those people staring would have freaked me out. That was quick thinking using the little girl to get out of the situation. It sounds like Vietnam is definitely and interesting country. Now I'm looking forward to the Cambodia blogs. I really want to go to Angkor Wat. XOXOX Jay

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb