Saigon aka Ho Chi Minh City Part 1


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 16th 2015
Published: July 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The big smoke. What a contrast compared to what we've seen so far. Saigon is in the 21st century. Indulging in western needs and wants are all here.

We positioned ourselves in the Disctrict 1 area. It's where most of the backpackers seem to be with loads of accommodation and eating options. Because of the higher level of tourism in Saigon the English speaking is at a conversation level.

The hotel we stayed in was having renovations done next door. The staff offered to move us if was too noisy for the kids. Probably so we didn't give them a bad review on Trip Advisor which is widely used here. Along with the street/party noise it all just blended in as a big city sound track.

Our first night Nina found a water puppet show at the local theatre. It was amazing! Agus was scared at first (hands over the eyes). From fear it went to outrageous laughter. We had a ball. That night we went to a recommended eating hall which was like a food court with different street food stalls scattered around the court but set up in a first class way. The decor was done really well. There was even really cute Saigon beer reps walking around taking separate beer orders.

After dinner we decided to walk it off to get back to the hotel. We weren't very close at all to the hotel but super full. While in the restaurant I took some screen shots of where need needed to walk on the Google map. I managed to start off by walking the opposite way we needed to and were very lost quickly. Luckily Nina has nerves of steel and helped work out the correct way home. The walk went from what was supposed to be 20mins to more like an hour. Whoops, lucky is was my birthday the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb