Ha Noi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 3rd 2014
Published: September 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we took a tour around the city.

First the mausoleum. We were unable to view Ho Chi Minh as the mausoleum is closed Monday and Friday for cleaning. The complex surrounds and the stories from our guide were impressive regardless.

Next the One Pillar Pagoda that is believed to improve fertility. Wayne climbed up to take a look but the rest of us steered clear just in case.

The Ethnological Museum was great in side and out with displays of buildings created with traditional materials and methods by the specific ethnic groups.

As the mausoleum was closed we had some extra time and Lis suggested a stop at a lacquerware shop. So not somewhere we would usually choose to spend time but the artisans here were so impressive and the products so good that we spent quite some time watching, talking and choosing, well most of us did - one of the sales staff couldn't help themselves and just played with Nic's hair until we left.

We then had a yummy lunch at Know One Teach One where we were so impressed with the food and the concept that we brought a brick.

After lunch we strolled to the Temple of Literature which houses stellae naming all the students.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb