Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 18th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Vietnam

Well after a long bus ride from Cambodia we finally arrive at Ho Chi Minh City. I had completely no idea of what to expect, a famous city deep in history and the previous captial of South Vietnam.

We arrived very late in the evening and decided to do the sensible thing, go straight out on the town and sample the local beer.... more than a couple later we stumbled into a night club with the ironic name of "Apocalypse Now" Hmmm the club wasn't the best but it was a good introduction to the way of life here. Madness. Its evident for all to see, especially on the roads with a bustling population of 8 million and 3 million mopeds it seems there's a road acindent always waiting to happen!

I think the city itself has little to offer for a tourist/back packer, in my humble opinion it lacks any character or major sights. Arguably the main attractions are the French Cathederal and The Reunification Building both of which were disapointing. However, there are many trips in the sourrounding areas well worth visiting like the Mekong delta and Cu Chi tunnels.

Maybe our diapointing Ho Chi Minh experiance was partly effected by our illnesses... we were both ill and could not leave the room for a few days. Bring on the Mekong Delta


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb