Viet Nam - Day 2


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 28th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Up early to get to Sinh Café for the Cao Dai Cathedral/Cu Chi Tunnel day tour. The Cao Dai religion is a mixture of Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism. They are known for their very brightly colored temples and have worship every 12 hours starting at 6AM. The worshippers all wear white, except for some religious leaders, who wear red (Confucianism), yellow (Buddhism), or blue (Taoism). Had lunch and then went to Cu Chi Tunnels. The Cu Chi Tunnels were used by the VC during the war to escape American bombs, and for guerrilla warfare tactics and hiding. We got to go down a short tunnel; it was very small, hot, and dark. Todd had to squat walk all the way through. After getting back to HCMC, we had dinner at Lemongrass, then drinks at Saigon Saigon Bar in the Caravelle Hotel—great view of the city from the wrap-around terrace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th May 2006

hi y'all!!!
I swear y'all take great photos! Things are about the same here in Baton Rouge, just a little thicker traffic lately.
17th May 2006

hiiiii
I am amazed by the beautiful temples and sites you are visiting.

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb