Around Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 4th 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn't want to stay in Saigon too long because we wanted to spend new years in a beach town. We booked a sleeper bus for 11:30 at night to give us a full day to explore Saigon. We started by heading out to the main market area. This market was very different from any other market we have been to so far. It was indoors and packed really tightly with stalls. He aisles between the stalls were so skinny that they were uncomfortable to walk through. It wasn't very pleasant because the venders at this market were very aggressive and they all would grab you as you went by. We did a quick walk through and I got grabbed all over the place. From behind Matt said James was repeating "NO" and "Don't touch me!" over and over. About 5 minutes of that was too much so we left.

We then walked around town for a while stopping every now and again for some air conditioned cafe's and restaurants to cool down. Then we headed over to the electronics store where James bought a laptop so Matt could have his other one(matts iPod broke).

Saigon is a nice area but the city itself is like all other big cities so a short stay was nice. We headed to our sleeper bus to head into Cambodia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb