Day 2 - T-shirt Sir? Have BIG size.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
May 17th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

lunch1lunch1lunch1

Lunch at Mitau
17 May 2009

Saigon is constantly changing but in essence is still the same. Whilst there is still a lot of building going on - life on the streets appears to be much the same. The traffic is still manic but we quickly got used to just heading across at a steady pace - if anything they seem to take more notice of traffic lights but pedestrian crossings are merely a painted bit of road. Only had one close call when I forgot to look both ways and nearly ended up under a motor bike. The street vendors are ever present but a polite no has stopped me from buying sunglasses, newspapers, travel guides, reading glasses, massages (with happy ending) and photocopied books.

The market is another experience - I think they must be trying to tell me something with "you buy T-shirt sir? I have BIG size" and even "have VERY BIG size".

We ended up in a bar around lunch=time getting out of the rain so had a couple of beers watching Richmond and Port Adelaide before lunch at a great restaurant serving Hue style food (Mitau). The owner of the restaurant showed us stupid tourists
Power 1Power 1Power 1

Wouldn't like to be a linesman here. I am sure they would never be able to find a fault and just keeping adding more lines.
how to construct our meals which was actually helpful. Dinner was at a Garden Seafood Restaurant which we stumbled across after we discovered our other choices had closed down or moved (Restaurant 31 and Cafe 39). Great meal with an outdoor table overlooking the street.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sign 1Sign 1
Sign 1

For some reason Kim thought this was funny.


18th May 2009

Hi!
I didn't know you were keeping a blog! So, so far you've had a beer and watched the footy? And you felt the need to leave Australia for that? Hope things are going well - I'll check in tommorow for the next installment! Oh, and don't buy any fuki :)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb