Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 1st November - After an hour delay sitting outside our old hotel waiting for the correct bus to turn up we were on pur way to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). We didn't arrive until gone 7pm because of the delay. We are only really here to get our visas for Cambodia sorted and book a bus to the border. As we arrived so late we were forced to book into a hotel for 2 nights. Immediately i preferred Saigon to Hanoi as although it's just as busy, the streets are wider, cleaner and everyone is a lot less fussy and seem to mind their own business. I spent the first evening tucked away in my air conditioned room watching english football. That's what Saturdays are for.

Sunday 2nd November - Found out this morning that it's easier and cheaper to get a visa at the border so we booked our bus ticket for 8am the next morning and headed out for supplies. I bought a new ipod charger as Adelle owned the only one we used to have and a month on Thailand beaches without music would of course be a nightmare! Once this was accomplished (not easy as it's such a large place and all streets look the same) we went supermaket shopping for some decent food for our next journey and then went for lunch. Our cafe was on a street corner and just as we sat down there was a horrendous collision between a motorbike and a bicycle. The motorbike seem to come off worse as the guy riding it went flying and smashed into the ground. Immediately, there was a large crowd and within seconds the guy was picked up and dumped in a taxi. Minutes later and you'd never know there had been a crash. That evening was spent relaxing at the hotel as from here we are going to get through to Bangkok as quickly as possible as we are almost out of malaria tablets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

"He's got wires...""He's got wires..."
"He's got wires..."

I wouldn't fancy that job
One of many alleyways in SaigonOne of many alleyways in Saigon
One of many alleyways in Saigon

Our hotel was down this one


Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.3043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb