Day 4-5


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After arriving back to the hotel exhausted from the Cu Chi tunnels, we went again into the Ben Than night market. Tired and sweaty, we arrived back at the hotel and prepared for our night ahead.

We travelled by bus to Hong Bang University's open night which was held at a theme park. After a traditional welcome by the Vietnamese students, we performed our two waita, poi dance, national anthem and the haka. To the cheers of the students, the topless haka was an absolute hit. After performing two encores, it was then time for a bit of fun and games. First up was dancing on paper. Four students and Sprogilvie had to dance with a Vietnamese partner on paper and each time, the size of the paper decreased. The dancing was at times questionable but the Vietnamese students loved it. After thanking our hosts, we then ventured further into the theme park, stopping to dance to the Vietnamese version of Sean Kingston's 'Beautiful Girls'. Next up was Ross and Jude playing on the stilts. Francis then showed us all how to do it with a fantastic display of athletic stilt hopping. This was followed by an impromptu limbo.

It was then back to the hotel and a night in the market.

Until next time.....

Advertisement



21st April 2008

Hi there to all of you! So glad you are having such a great time in a culture very different to ours. Well done for trying the food and being open to all the trip has to offer you. Hortense did you eat the fish?!!!! Did Sue have stab you with the epipen? All these questions!! so put me out of my misery and let me know how you are! The blog is a great way of hearing about what you have been doing. I think my next trip will have to be Vietnam! cheers Phillipa

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb