The city of 4 million motos


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 26th 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi there

well i made my way from phnom pehn down to the coastal town of sihanoukville.
sihanoukville was pretty good, as i was in need of some serious beach time.
the first day i was there i took a bout out to a smalll island. i spent the day lounging around on hte beach and talking to fellow travellers. Me being stupid never put on any sunscreen, so i got severely burnt. Im my face has completely peeled and im just starting on my chest and back. Fro sihanoukville i took a 13 hour bus to saigon, Vietnam.

Saigon is so far one of my faveorite places, I could spend several hours just sitting in a cafe and watching the hundreds of thousands of motos pass by. it is amazing the volume of traffic in this city. The first day in saigon i went to the war remnatnts mueseum and reunification palace. both were very intresting and worth going to.
The second day I took a tour out to the cao dai temple and the cu-chi tunnels. The cu chi tunnels are simply amazing. The vietcong dug over 250km of tunnels in the saigon area alone. Entire villages lived underground to escape and fight the ruthless american soldiers. The tunnels that remain today have been widened to accomedate tourists but are still chalanging to navigate through< and extremely hot.

Today i went on a mekong delta tour, it was pretty good, but very commercailized, i did meet a lot of cool people though.
anyway tommorow im of to dalat and then to nha trang to get my padi suba diving ticket, which i am very exited for

bye for now
John


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

More guns heheMore guns hehe
More guns hehe

gotta love em


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb