Pho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 18th 2008
Published: January 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Ho Chi Minh City from Danang airport, HCMC instantly felt more developed, and although we didn’t feel it could be possible, it was so much more chaotic than Hanoi. We had heard that if you visit Hanoi and fall in love with it this will ultimately mean that you will dislike HCMC. We were reluctantly ready to not like HCMC one little bit…but what do you know, we absolutely loved it just as much as Hanoi! We stayed at the newly opened Elios hotel which is a business style hotel found in the backpacker area on Pham Ngyu Lao. The hotel was really nice, the breakfast food wasn’t all that great, but perfectly OK.
In HCMC, we dedicated most of our time to shopping, hanging out at the top floor of the Diamond Plaza playing pool and going a bowling tournament - It’s a good eye opener to see how the rich kids pass their spare time. We also spent a lot of time eating… we went to Pho 2000 , Pho Pasteur [the best Pho we tasted in Vietnam, Wrap and Roll, and I can’t remember the name of it but an outdoor bbq restaurant, it’s in the lonely planet guide.
Whilst we were in town we visited the War Remnants museum and organised trips to the Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta, we took these trips with Innoviet. They were very well organised. We spent a day at the Mekong Delta, visiting the candy factory and cycling round one of the islands.
Our time in HCMC came to end rather quickly, but it wasn’t the end of our Vietnam tour, next stop, Phu Quoc Island, in other words, PARADISE.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb