saigonadventure


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 19th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we have had an exciting time in this huge city of moterbikes,mad road rules and friendly people. OUr flighjt with royal bruniei was good , but the 3 hour stopover in the brunei airport was a bit too much, as it was midnight our time. We were pleased to see the man with our name at the saigon airport and taken directly to our hotel.
On our first day we were haveing a not so peaceful brekky (sunglasses, books, hamocks, nodding dogs for sale whilst we were eating) and we were expertly commandered into a cyclo tour of the city. It was fantastic, the cyclo guy was very endearing and got 5 cyclos for us all and proceeded to take us to the war remnants museum, down little streets, past amazing christmas decorations vietnam style, and to see the river and the slums across from us ( only a ferry ride away but very sad to see)
we needed to go back to the sanctuary of our hotel the Anan, for some airconditioniong to recover from the heat and excitement. A trip to the night markets for some expert haggling from frank (i look to him for my wheeling and dealing) and dinner of pho completed our first day.
After such a full on city experience we needed some water park fun, so spent the next day at the dam sen water park. It was fantastic- so many slides and fast too. hardly any on there so we never had to wait to go down again and again. we were sooo exhausted by so much fun- jack tried to master the back flip off the tarzan rope swing into water-dylan flipped once and didnt manage again and frank got soo amny cheers because when he splashed into the water he bombed and so much water sprayed up. the little viet men could never manage such a splash.. we also witnessed several rescues as so many of the women couldnt swim.
Cu Chi tunnels was a good half day trip. amazing skill by the vietcong with very few tools.
we are off to cambodia this morning- sad to say a temporary goodbye to saigon-but we will be back at the end of our trip- Caitlin cant wait to getinto the fashion shopping

Advertisement



19th December 2007

Hi
Great to hear you arrived safely and are all having a wonderful time.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb