We're Here


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've finailly made it. We've arrived in Vietnam. It's been a long day...a long two days at that. We left the house at 4:30am Sunday morning. It is currently 7:45am Monday morning in Edmonton (8:45pm local time in Ho Chi Minh City)....we've been on the go for over 24 hours. The trip here was uneventful which is always good. No lost baggage. Bob (Kathy's brother) got bumped to business class for the 14 hour journey from Vanc. to Hong Kong. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
Kirsten has been feeling ill since leaving home. A combination of being over excited and lack of sleep and now the heat. We arrived into Ho Chi Minh City around 5pm local time to a temperature of 31c with high humidity. We haven't had a chance to do any exploring but the trip from the airport was rather interesting. It must have been rush hour as there were literately thousands of scooters on the streets. I am surprised the taxi driver didn't hit anyone. They seem to do whatever they please. After checking in we went for dinner at a noodle house close by. A large bowl of noodles in broth was about $2.
Our rooms are clean and comfortable except for the rather large cockroach that the girls have discovered in their room. Brad has tried several times to no avail to kill it off. We are all exhausted and are looking forward to a good nights sleep. Brad's falling asleep as he waits for me to type out the email. We're off to bed. Have a good day.
More adventures of the Lohner family to follow tomorrow.
Love to all
Brad, Kathy, Alysia, Brian and Kirsten

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb