Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 5th 2007
Published: March 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Mui Ne on the 2pm bus arriving in Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City to use its official name, at around 6pm. A little old lady wanted to show us her guesthouse when we got off so we took a look, wasn't great so we made our excuses and left, the end of it? No. She followed us out and tailed us into a different street where she would run upto the next guesthouse where upon arrival it would be full, hmm suspect! This happened at about 3 or 4 places so we were starting to get pissed off by this point. So while she was 'showing' Matt a place that we both knew was to expensive, I took the opportunity to sneak into another place and get a price, it was okay so I got Matt and we took a look without her interfering. What a hassle!

That night we found a Bia Hoi place (surprisingly!) and got talking to two English guys, one a converted Buddhist, Mike (who looked a lot like he was Davey Jones from the Monkeys), and the other one was normal, can't remember his name, even though we saw him in Phnom
Groovy '70's style room...Groovy '70's style room...Groovy '70's style room...

... in the Presidential Palace
Penh too!

The next day we went to the War Remnants Museum. Outside there were some old American warplanes and helicopters. Inside were photographs from the war including pictures of horrendous injuries sustained by the Vietnamese people from the chemical weapons used. There were even unborn babies in jars. Earlier we had looked around the Ban Than market a little but it had been too hot inside to stay for long. That night we bumped into Rachael from the Kiwi bus in New Zealand and had some drinks. Another day we spent at the Presidential Palace which had been unchanged since when the North Vietnamese burst through it's gates back in '75. We bought some souvenirs from the market also before leaving for Cambodia.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Communications RoomCommunications Room
Communications Room

How did a North Vietnamise hat get in here?!?


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb