hi from ho chi Minh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 2nd 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello, sorry about the spelling again - just spotted som awful bloopers without even trying
so were in Vietnam and i like it! cambpodia was cool . since i rambled last time, we went on a day trip aroound Phnom Penh saw the killing fields, the S21 museum and prison, - both pretty harrowing, - then the national museum and the castle, we had a fair intake of the history! twas good though. the history good to see, funny heading around , again on the tuk-tuk, got a terrible amount of attention from the locals , driving was crazy, they jsut come from every angle , but its kinda plesant they dont go so fast, but manage to drive against the traffic on motos and bikes and cars, all over each other, not at all organised , using the horn as an offensive mechanism, they're pretty harn happy! the people were staring, laughing, pointing and waving, we later discovered chatting to our guest house man that it was my white legs, like a bloody beacon! apparently they love it but its a bit freaky really, the red hair and white legs an amusing combination apparently, children waving and everything, not really in a celebrity capacity - more of an alien look!
so the guest house man was lovely, we had fun! and mexican food. then a relaxing day the next day to the markets and more stares - trousers this time! then a bus journey to vietnam! its cleaner and less smogy here i think, a wealthier place, by cambodian standards, traffic moore organised and even grass and maintained kinda garden patches on teh duel carrige way - ok so way to much boring info. ill be up the mekong delta tomorrow, and ill have somthing more exciting to tell.
toodles
ps - dam hard to find conputers that you can attach camera to and takes ages to donw load so ill try later
g

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb