Hello Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
February 27th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to VietnamWelcome to VietnamWelcome to Vietnam

This is when we just crossed the Cambodia/Vietnam border (Moc Bai/Bavet)
Last night was INSANE. I finally managed to get YL off his lazy butt to party at APOCALYPSE NOW (with a little encouragement from 2 lovely girls from Norway). Made a whole bunch of friends from all over the place. Partied the night away and I crept into bed at 7am - absolutely worth it!

Well, we are finally in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. It is completely different from Thailand and Cambodia in many ways, some good and some bad of course. We were pleasantly surprised to discover how clean HCMC is especially after spending a couple of weeks in Thailand and Cambodia. The food is also very different - there is pho, rich vietnamese coffee, baguettes.. I feel like I'm eating slightly healthier, a very very good thing. An important thing to note also is how beautiful some of these Vietnamese girls are. Wow. However, being the big city HCMC is, the people here aren't nearly as friendly, and also the touters are much more persistent and aggressive which absolutely pissed me off. And for some reason, the english proficiency here is much poorer than in the other 2 mentioned countries.

YL and I were feeling kinda touristy
Vietnamese CoffeeVietnamese CoffeeVietnamese Coffee

The BEST coffee I've ever tasted, and it's all over the place! I think I'll buy a bag of coffee beans and that cool filter thingie
the other day so we went on a city tour. It was nice NOT being a tour guide for a change haha. Our tour guide was awful - he couldn't speak too well, but that's understandable.. but he was just bullshitting facts all day! The dude had no accurate information! It was kinda funny when we went to a chinese temple and he was mouthing off what the different words mean, and YL and I were thinking to ourselves "NO, that is NOT what that means!". It was interesting to see the city though, we went to the Notre Dame Cathedral, the central post office, a bunch of temples and pagodas, china town, and we passed by the Saigon river too. The best part of the tour was probably that we managed to meet our 2 Norwegian friends! Plenty of pictures.

Well, tomorrow our friend David (read: Full Moon Party) is flying to HCMC and we're gonna spend the day with him before catching a bus to Nha Trang (which is 10 hours east of here) the following day. Sun, sand and sea. It'll be nice to get a tan again!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Our Norwegian FriendsOur Norwegian Friends
Our Norwegian Friends

The girls we met on our tour. This is us at Saigon Bar before heading to Apocalypse Now
Streets of Ho Chi MinhStreets of Ho Chi Minh
Streets of Ho Chi Minh

I love the street scene. We're getting very good at crossing busy streets haha.
My German FriendsMy German Friends
My German Friends

Tami Tami Tami... the sexiest Vietnamese woman alive! Accompanied by lovely Petra.
Moc Bai/BavetMoc Bai/Bavet
Moc Bai/Bavet

YL with the flags of both countries


27th February 2007

Wohh! how come harold and kumar keeps running into hot white castles along the way!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb