A Day Underground!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
February 4th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we are in our element...last night we discovered HCMC (as the locals like to say!!) has the best shopping...umm dvds, cds, sunnies, bags..ohh so many bags, clothes great for boys but mostly girls have to be a size 2 to fit into them!, and just about anything else you could want to buy! we stayed out shopping til late, then back to our hotel room to watch some charlies angels even more exciting..it was in English!!!

Today we have spent the day exploring the cu chi tunnels...an exact replica of what the Vietnamese lived in during the war..it was definately very interesting!

But before we made it to the tunnels we got to buy or own bullets and shoot a m-16.... At a target though, no one was hurt in the process!! ha ha Only problem is that the Vietnamese have not yet heard of industrial deafness.... Well thats what we presumed after putting the ear muffs on and they achieved absolutely nothing! Think we both hit our heads on the roof a few times from the sudden explosions of a massive machine gun! These guns were loud!

Then a short trek to the tunnels. No wounder they are all so small at some spots they would have to lay on there stomaches to squeeze there bodies through, the only form of light was oil lights.... you really wouldn't want to be the type to get claustrophobic!!!

The replicas were made were of the largest parts of the tunnels, 120cm by 80cm to fit us big westerners in but that was scary enough.... Oxygen seemed limited and we didn't even get oil lights so the camera flash came in handy to see where the person in front was going and which tunnel we had to take next!!!

The tunnels were over 250km long but the one we were in was just 90m with an exit every 30m. When that first exit came we were out of there... sweat dripping off us and covered in dirt! Was an awesome experience!!!

Then it was back on the bus to HCMC!

So it was straight out for a few drinks and we meet up with some travelers from Nha Trang... Just a few quiet ones and then back to the hotel after a big day on the battle fields....

War Veterans J.L.Hubbard and S.A.Harris signing off for the day

ps just to show we haven't changed, we don't have any footage of the day as we pulled the camera out and guess what???????? TAPE END!!! ha ha and it was the only day we didn't have a spare in the backpack.......

Miss you all
xoxoxox

Photos are currently in the process of being developed, just have to choose our best angles.... So hold on to your seats and get ready to be blown away by some epic photography in the next few days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

sooo smalll!sooo smalll!
sooo smalll!

surprised we even fit in here...


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb