Just a Quickie!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 7th 2007
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick one today as the internet here is still sssoooo slow after the earthquake in Taiwan, it truly is very painful.

We have logged on to find so many messages from you all, you're right Nan & Grandad it is like talking to you all!

Yesterday we travelled back to Saigon (in our chauffeur driven Merc :-O ) and went to the War Museum, The Reunification Palace, The Post Office, The Notre Dame and Chu Chi (pronounced Gucci, I won't forget that one!) Tunnels. Everything was great, the War Museum was quite upsetting, it was very graphic and really disturbing but I am still glad that we went. The Chu Chi tunnels were also really thought provoking, how they lived underground for so long I don't know. We went in one of the tunnels for 60 metres, this had also been widened for Westerners and it was really claustrophobic and very hot. Simon was in his element on the firing range, he shot an M16, M60 light machine gun & an AK47.........twice!!

Our guide, Long, is a great guy with a fantastic sense of humour and a good grasp of English. In Vietnamese Long means Dragon. Our driver is called Dien and in Vietnamese this means Fairy, but trust us, this guy is no fairy!!! Another driver took us to Mui Ne and it took 4 1/2 hours, Dien brought us back in just over 3, the Mercedes certainly can shift!

Last night we met Dana & Darcy, our American friends, and we went to The Temple Club for dinner. Brad & Angelina ate here when they were in Saigon a couple of weeks ago.

At breakfast this morning we had a cheery hello said to us and we turned around to see our Polish/Austrailian friends from Sapa!! We are just waiting for them to come downstairs and we are going out with them tonight for dinner!!!

Tomorrow we are all flying to Cambodia, we are going to Phom Phen and they are going straight to Seim Reap, no doubt we will bump into them at Angkor Wat on Tuesday or Wednesday though!

Ok, thats enough for now, we will fill in with more details and pictures when we have a bit more time and a decent internet connection!

Love to everyone

Lots of Love

Nikola & Simon xxxx

Advertisement



7th January 2007

A Quickie!!!!!
Some quickie. We are ALL enjoying your diary - Jan phoned today because she wanted to let you know how they are too enjoying your blogs - it really is a fantastic experience you are having - Colchester will seem so tame once you are home Take care - Ankar What should be a wow. By the way when we were on the boat last May the computer was slooooow so I know how frustrated you must be. Lots of Love Mama

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb