Vietnam at last!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rest stop!Rest stop!Rest stop!

No coffee shops here!
After several aborted plans to get here earlier, the temptation of alcohol and bad behaviour was stronger than culture and travel!! Ive finally made it to Vietnam.

Crossed the border this morning and am now sat typing this in Saigon also known as Ho Chi Minh City. It seems a nice place on the limited knowledge i have of it so far and it won't get much more in-depth as im leaving tomorrow night. Ive planned to go to the Chu chi tunnels tomorrow day and then when i get back from there ive got enough time to shower and get something to eat before boarding the night bus to Nha Trang. When i was planning my itinary for this part of my trip i underestimated the travel times in between each place so now ive got to whistle round in order to see everything i want to and get to Hanoi on the 18th for my flight back to Bangkok and onwards to islands.

Pretty good trip today, stopped at an interesting place for everyone on the bus to use the loos. No motorway service stations here, no it was a little wooden shack that doubled up as
Main road to VietnamMain road to VietnamMain road to Vietnam

Mind the pigs and dogs!!
someones home and we queued through the house and into their bedroom, where the lady of the house sat on her double bed smiling at us!! It was surreal to say the least and an eye opener to see what a basic existence they live.

All well on the weather front too, had a bit of a storm earlier but literally for 2 mins and then the sun was back, seems typhoon Durian has decided to give me a wide birth, well lets hope so!

Will have a few mins to kill tomorrow so ill tell you all about the tunnels then. Dont go away! X


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The border crossingThe border crossing
The border crossing

Vietnam at last!


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb