Saigon city


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
November 20th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days we spent in Laos were nice. We spent an afternoon tubing down a river and stopping at the many different bars alongside the river for refreshing beers. Our last day was spent in the capital of Laos, Vientiene. We went to the buddha park adnd had dinner and drinks at a rooftop bar/ restaurant. It's not a bad city but deffinately not our favourite.Then we finally reached Saigon and what a sight. There's something like 82 million people living here so it's hot, noisy and crazy all the time. Not the sort of thing that we're used to after being in charming, laid back Laos for a week. However Saigon is a nice city it just takes a little getting used to especially to temp. It's about 35 deg all day and all night, so you can imagine the lovely fragrances that waft around this enormous city. We dont plan to stay long though, today we are going to the city zoo, and tomorrow we go to the Viet Cong tunnels and War Remnants museum. The museum should be really interesting it has equipment left over from the war as well as lots of photography done during the course of the war. It's supposed to be pretty compelling so we'll see how it goes. The day after that we are off on our Mekong delta tour that will end on the island of Phu Quoc. The next time we write we'll be on the island relaxing in the sun, so we'll try to write back soon. Bye for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb