Vietnam day 1


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
September 27th 2013
Published: September 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

First day in Ho Chi Minh. We left Perth at 1.35 am and flew to Kuala Lumpur, 2 hour stop over and then a 2 hour flight to Vietnam.



Had a lovely cuppa and croissant at Harrods in KL airport, nice way to start the day. Shared a table with a man from Manila, who lives in Canada and is in Vietnam for work. Oh well we are just tourists from Perth!



When we arrived at the airport in Ho Chi Minh it took quite a while to get our visa through, all these people were called before us that arrived after us. The lady at Warwick Post Office who took my Visa photos wouldn't let me smile so I looked like and angry criminal! Mark is sure that is what the hold up was. Finally through customs and found our driver.



They drive on the wrong side of the road!!!! Poor sheltered me, I've never been to a country where they drive on the wrong side, waoww it messes with your brain. Wow I thought Bali traffic was bad, mmmm not a patch on crazy Vietnamese.



After arriving safely at La Jolie hotel, (very French shabby chic) we went for a walk. Everyone who has been to Vietnam has warned us about crossing the roads, now I know why. For a start I'm looking the wrong way, then the traffic seems to be coming from ALL directions, and there is soooooooooo much of it. There are pedestrian crossings but I'm not sure they mean very much to the drivers. Maybe it is just for the false safetyhood of the unwitting tourists.



We had a lovely lunch at a French Crepe cafe, a little nanna nap then out again to explore. Our hotel is in a great position, easy to get most places by foot.



Had some rain tonight, which is just like God turned the tap on, suddenly it is pelting down then stops just as sudden. Gave us a chance to duck into a small bar and have happy hour beer and meet Malcolm from Gunnedah, he's been here for a month on his 6th visit. He was here during the war, very nice guy.



Nice light dinner then back for early bed. Tour starts tomorrow at 7.45.

Advertisement



29th September 2013

Love listening to your travels - enjoy the tour. So I guess instead of looking left, right and left you have to look right, left, then right again! LOL Ahhh yes, messes with the brain! I guess you know by now that the Dockers lost by 15 points and we are back to winter today! Enjoy and chat again soon.
29th September 2013

Blog
Hi to you both sounds like you've started your holiday well! Going to ring Sam and Cassie tonight to hear how many are there for the party!! We went to Raelene's 70th at the Marion Hotel today- good show. Look left right right left left right right left and run!!!
1st October 2013

Hi Mum, good to hear you are keeping up with our travels. Nice to hear from you
29th September 2013

Blog
Hi to you both sounds like you've started your holiday well! Going to ring Sam and Cassie tonight to hear how many are there for the party!! We went to Raelene's 70th at the Marion Hotel today- good show. Look left right right left left right right left and run!!!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb