Day 58 Mekong Delta


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
September 22nd 2011
Published: January 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we are going on a day trip of the Mekong Delta, our bus collected us at we were driven around the block to get another bus?!?! Anyway we got on this bus and managed to get really good seats even though we were the last on the bus. Debbie was sitting up the front and met a girl called Linda who was lovely. The bus brought us to get our boat and the first stop was an island on the Mekong Delta where there was a bee farm. We were given a taste of the honey, which was mixed with hot water and a bit of lime and was really tasty after the bees we were brought on a little boat trip. This was similar to the floating markets but less busy and with no motors or shops, have to say it was much more enjoyable, and we got to wear the cool rice hats.



We had lunch which was interesting, it was all cuts of chicken fried served with rice and veg, not very tasty or filling but what can you do plus there were dogs all over the place so I couldn't relax.



We were then brought to place where they make organic coconut candy by hand. It was pretty impressive and tasty enough but I would think enough of it would break your teeth but Debbie bought some anyway!



Then we were brought to a place to hear traditional music. I'll be honest it was awkward, some old Vietnamese dude playing ad instrument and two girls singing to each tour group. Like we heard them sing to the group before us and then they did the exact same again for us and came around the table after with a hat looking for tips!



We were served fruit and tea after this which was all counted out so everybody got the same all a bit strange.



For all of the places we visited we had a short boat journey so we got to sea a lot of the Mekong Delta and all the places were little islands or towns that were easiest to access by boat it was a nice way to see the Mekong Delta but a long day.



Tomorrow I think I am taking a day off Debbie want to go see more tunnels!



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb