Saigon Nights


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
June 5th 2010
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I am ripping through Vietnam but thanks to the fantastic night buses I feel like I'm doing a decent job of seeing lots of things. I'm still travelling with the two Danish people from Halong Bay and they've been a lot of fun to travel with. We left Hoi An on Wednesday night on a night bus to Nha Trang. Nha Trang is a beach and party town and it did not disapoint. After all the night buses we've been taking we were pretty worn out and sleep in a lot both mornings we were there. The rest of the time was spent laying on the beach, eating delicious ice cream waffles and fruit (sooo good) and of course, partying (happy hour is everywhere all night). Definitely a good couple of days and I got to see lots of people I've met so far all over the place.
Last night we hopped on another bus and headed down to Ho Chi Minh City (formeraly known as Saigon). Even though we didn't sleep much last night and got here at 6am we had a jammed day where we went to visit the Cu Chi tunnels (over 200km of underground tunnels where gorilla fighters hid during the war) then the war museum. It was all very interesting to see but its been a bit of a tough day seeing so many sad and terrible things...and this is just a warm up for Cambodia too 😞.
After our long day though we found a fantastic sushi restaurant and ate our faces off and will probably go see a movie tonight for a break (unfortunatly the Sex in the City movie is not out here yet). I'm going to spend one more day here before heading to Cambodia for a very quick trip. Then I'm debating on a quick stop in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia before I head to Thailand since the flights through there are cheaper than if I go through Thailand. Still too many things to see and do and not enough time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb