Cu Chi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » Cu Chi
February 7th 2010
Published: March 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we jumped on a coach and were heading for the Cu Chi Tunnels. We had a guided tour from a retired Vietnamese secret service agent, which was a little bit of a contradiction being as he helped the green beret in the war, nevertheless he was funny and informative. He also was impressed by the dedication of the tunnel people, crawling through tunnels for up to 5km non stop. The tunnels were just something else, so small narrow and dark, and people lived in these! Quite a feat! Neither Charlie or Laura would go down in the tunnels but I braved it and crawled a section for about 5 minutes. It was so dark and narrow, and a bit eerie, not to mention it was so so hot! I was certainly glad to come back to surface.
As part of the day there was the option to fire some big guns, so of course I couldn't refuse. There was a big choice but I went with the M16, firing 10 bullets, and hitting the target twice.
After the tour we had some tapioca to dip into sugar and nuts as it was the food keeping the tunnel people alive in the war.
On route home we were dropped at the huge indoor market and had a little nose around all the fresh food, clothes, jewels, and we even bumped into Jane Asher, as you do!
This was our final night in Vietnam so we went for a nice meal in the evening, Laura opting for Local Vietnamese Curry, and I went Mexican. We said goodbye to the team and after some beers it was bedtime again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb