Cu Chi Tunnels


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » Cu Chi
March 7th 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tunnel EntryTunnel EntryTunnel Entry

This is the tourist tunnel. If you like crawling around in the dark, this is your thing !
Went out to the Cu Chi Tunnel complex today. This is about a 2 hour bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City. The complex is a re-construction of the tunnels used in the war with a fair bit of glossing up for the tourists. We watched a film on how the Cu Chi farmers were transformed into guerillas by day and rice farmers by night.

We then went out and viewed some tunnels. They are very small and even the one built wider for tourists was a bit tight. Good fun and worth doing. We saw typical field kitchens with special chimneys to hide the smoke, man traps and bomb making.

Back to town and some more shopping. I found a great market selling 'authentic reproduction' army gear and so pick up some things for my nephews.

Have been using motorcycle taxi's around town. This is one of those must do life experiences if you are into extreme sports. Picture a wall of traffic coming at you from two directions and just at the point of impact, moses (my rider) parts the sea of traffic and threads his way through all manner of traffic to the next intersection.
Seafood ClaypotSeafood ClaypotSeafood Claypot

I must have given the chef the impression I was fairly tough as there was enough chilli in this dish for half the restaurant
Traffic rules are a suggestion only in Ho Chi Minh City.

Last day tomorrow.

Andrew

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb