New City, New Life!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Binh Duong » Binh Duong New City
October 15th 2011
Published: October 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Binh Duong New City is exactly what it says it is - a new city! That's where we are going to be living. We were quite excited that within a week of our arrival the apartment block we will be living in was formally opened. Okay, so it wasn't quite ready for habitation but it was very close!

We were met at our hotel by a Becamex driver who took us the 12km out of town to the IJC Aroma apartment block. Getting out of the car we were greeted by beautiful ladies in traditional costume, colourful dragons and the loud beat of the drums. We felt like VIPs!!

The ceremony itself wasn't too interesting. There were four of us from the University who were there to ceremoniously receive keys to our apartments. We seemed to be the focus of a lot of attention with countless photographers and TV cameramen constantly in our faces. Our time eventually came and we were invited onto the stage and received enormous placards representing keys and a red envelope with lucky money inside. The problem is, we're not sure if we are supposed to spend the US$2 each or save it for good fortune!! We then had a bit of dancing on stage and some sales presentations for retail units which are available.

At long last we were taken away to view some apartments. WOW! We were most impressed. The views are amazing. You really get a sense of what the new city is all about when you see it from above. It seems amazing that we'll be living here!! On our way out, Trish was grabbed by the TV crew for a quick interview. Sadly we haven't found it on Youtube yet but we are still looking!!!!!!!!

At the base of the apartment we were shown into the small supermarket which is already well stocked with beer ready for our arrival! Russ grabbed a quick photo with some gorgeous girls and then we were ushered out and back to our waiting car with a goodie bag full of leaflets and a model horse. Yes, a model horse - each! At least we've got some bookends now!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IJC AromaIJC Aroma
IJC Aroma

Soon to be home!
PresentationsPresentations
Presentations

We were next!
The loungeThe lounge
The lounge

Complete with huge flat screen TV!
Central ParkCentral Park
Central Park

Can't believe they've called it that!
Video phoneVideo phone
Video phone

Just 3 metres from the door!!
Floor 12BFloor 12B
Floor 12B

What's wrong with Floor 13?


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.2124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb