Mui Ne and Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
August 8th 2015
Published: August 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

helena 001helena 001helena 001

where we caught the sunrise
5 hours later and several bouts of sickness later we finally arrived at our destination, where i proceeded to be sick for most of the day! So day 1 was pretty much a write off, but i was delighted to have a bed and aircon and my own toilet should i need it! The next day we went to check out the beach and were sorely disappointed. The beach was very very narrow to the point where you could hardly actually lie down without reachng the water. The water was really choppy and filled with rubbish. Furthermore, any decent patch of sand was part of a hotel and they wanted to charge a crazy amount of money to use their facilities. I fortunately found a bit to lie on but we kind of knew there and then that it wasnt somewhere we planned to spend much time in.

The main highlight of Mui ne are the sandunes and the surrounding landscape, so we booked in to do the tour the following day. We had thought to leave the day after, but the place really lacked spirit, was dead quiet with no lightlife etc so we decided to leave ASAP and
helena 013helena 013helena 013

white sandunes
better spend our time elsewhere. Fortunately the tours were either at sunrse or sunset, and the bus was at 1. so we done the sunrise tour, getting up at 430am and back for 9, plenty of time to eat, relax then get the hell outta there! I knew getting up would be tough but I felt seeing the sunrise over the white sandune would be worth it. We got pciked up and the jeep started along the strip collecting more folk. We stopped at one place and waited for literally 20 minutes. I knew that sunrise was at 5.30 and i started to feel like after all this we were going to miss it. Once we picked up all the passengers the driver bombed it but unfortunately we missed the sunrise and saw it only from the jeep. I wont lie i was livid about it, everyone else had already arrived on the dunes and we were still on the dirt track to get there. However once we got there, depsite missing the money shot it was incredibly beautiful and we got some amazing pics. It felt like being in the Sahara! After we were done we visited the red sandunes, very distinct but probably not as breathtaking. You could sledge down them but to be honest they werent actually that steep so we didnt pay up for it. After a quick stop in a pretty dirty fishing village we stopped off at the fairy stream which was really really pretty. You just walked through it taking in the scenery and it was really pretty. After this the trip was done, and we went back to the hotel, to find there was a power cut! The lad who worked there said it happened quite often and should go back within 30 minutes, 3 hours later it was still off! No big deal just very warm trying to sleep. We were definately glad to move on.

another 5 hour bus journey and we arrived in Nha trang,north up the coast, which can be described as a russian holiday destination. The locals here probably speak more russian than english and it is definately catered for the russian tastes! We were really pleasantly surprised by nha trang though, the beach was glorious and the weahter has been amazing. We are in a hotel this time, we have nice bathroom, air con, no
helena 025helena 025helena 025

red sandunes with typical vietnamese women in background
mozzies, and even get breakfast. You can hire a sun lounger for a pound or 2 with a parasol so i have unashamedly done nothing but lie on the beach and top up my tan for the past 5 days. We were meant to stay 3, but have thoroughly enjoyed some down time with nothing else to do but eat, sleep, sunbathe, and repeat! Aside from the beach ther eisnt a whole load to do here though, and prices are higher with it being a touristy place. To buy suncream factor 30 works out almost 13 uk pounds for a small so i am holding off hoping that our next destination is cheaper! likewise with massages, as much as i love them they are too expensive here.

Our next stop is Hoi An, regularly spoken of as the highlight of the country, so eagerly looking forward to what awaits us there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

helena 026helena 026
helena 026

cute puppies we met en route
helena 032helena 032
helena 032

pretty fairy stream
helena 036helena 036
helena 036

fairy stream narrowing
helena 040helena 040
helena 040

nha trang beach
helena 042helena 042
helena 042

again.. beautiful!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb