aid work in vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
March 12th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, well another busy time in Vietnam. This is my 4th year i have gone over to Vietnam with some
money raised from wonderful local sunshine coast families who want to help very poor vietnamese people.

Lets start with Phu My Orphange

I have been volunteering in Phu My Orphange Ho chi Minh City , where there are 400 disabled orphans since 2004. Volunteers are very welcomed there , its a lovely place to go and just hang out with
the kids for a few hours , when you can spare some time. the kids love it. and it makes you feel good to.This year in January when i was there i decided to put on a music concert for them. Wow it was so wonderful. The joy it bought them was so worth it. We had dragoons and magician and singers rap dancers and the children from the orphange put on a dance act. The Red Cross ho Chi minh City , came with bags of sweets and buiscuits for the children. A great night had by all. If i can i will do that every year for them.

Onto House building,

Well in 2006 when i was on a field trip with the Red Cross , i was told that i could build a house for a poor family for 7000000 dong which in our currency is $583, so i had that much left from my fundraising money , so i said ok. Next it was into the office to pick a family to build a house for. The next day we went to give the money to the family for the house and it took 10 days to build. Just a small brick cottage, but never the less a home for a poor family. The money pays for the materials and the local people build the house for free. In 2007 i built another 9 and this year another 9 plus 2 house renovations. This year 7 very generous sunshine coast families gave me $600 to build a house each. So that 21 houses so far . really heart warming work.

Education.

I am paying for the education of very poor girls . $50 a year for schoold fees.Plus another $50 will buy schoold uniform school shoes a bag full of books and pencils and paper . 10 girls in 2006 and 15 girls in 2207. The reason for girls , is because if the family can afford to pay for 1 child it is always the boy so i decided to help the girls. I have paid for 3 years each and will go back and follow up in 3 years and help them more.

All this is only possible through the kindness of sunshine coast people wanting to help make a difference
in a very poor country.

If you are going to Vietnam for a holiday please consider going and giving some of your time and love to
an Orphange . There is many in Vietnam.

Advertisement



12th March 2008

amazing work
Dear Liila, you are an ispiration to all, and the joy you bring to the children in Vietnam is just amazing. the work and the fund raising you do on your own accord is nothing short of a miracle you are the mother Tereasa of children everywhere !!!!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb