Edit Blog Post
Published: April 23rd 2014
Volunteer with Lifestart!
Have you been thinking about volunteering abroad?
Are you a team player who can be depended upon to work for our beneficiaries in a selfless way with great energy, determination, pro activity, resilience and flexibility whilst always remaining culturally sensitive?
Having had great success with an SOS request in the past we’re hoping to reach some amazing people who are happy to pack up and head to Vietnam for a minimum of 3 months ASAP
We have also had our share of unsuccessful volunteers in the past and we’ve learned it’s essential to be upfront about the realities of volunteering so people have an idea of what to expect and can honestly assess whether they can cope with the challenge. An unsuccessful volunteer is a great drain on our resources, quickly taking the focus away from those who really need our time and attention.
Please read our advice on what it takes to be a successful volunteer here (International Volunteering blog
This is by no means a holiday!
It’s challenging and exhausting but at the same time incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. You need to be very open minded and prepared to help out in any way needed even if it isn’t your specialty. The best and most valued volunteers are those with a PhD in multitasking!
Help urgently needed with… Customer Service at Lifestart Foundation’s Workshop in Hoi An, Vietnam
– To help sell the products made by our makers which in turn provides them with a sustainable income. Skills required for Customer Service:
• Sales experience would be fantastic
• Excellent communication skills – to engage with International customers visiting our workshop, talking to them about Lifestart Foundation’s projects
• Fluent English
• Compassionate and willing to work alongside people with disabilities.
• Flexibility preferred over rigidity. Download Customer Service full JD > Walkers
– Walking wheelchair bound patients from a homeless shelter to our Free Disability Community Center for treatment. You may already be based in Hoi An, enjoy walking and have some free time each week to help out with this volunteering role.
On going self funded volunteer positions
• In Country Manager – Download full JD >
• Physiotherapist – Download full JD >
• Occupational Therapist – Download full JD >
• Acupuncturist – Download full JD >
• Remedial Masseur
• Bi-lingual Social Worker (Vietnamese – English)
• Professional Photographer – Videographer
• Visual Merchandiser
• Grant and funding writers
Interested in Volunteering?
Arm yourself with as much information as possible, read our website thoroughly and I would suggest that you read this blog on International Volunteering
. Full details regarding these volunteer positions can be found on our website or contact us here >
Support and Share! Enjoying the blogs?
Forward them on or subscribe those who you think would be interested in Lifestart Foundations work…….its free! FACEBOOK
If you happen to be in Hoi An, Viet Nam, visit us at: Lifestart Foundation Workshop
77 Phan Chau Trinh Street,
Read stories from past volunteers here:
• Life in Hoi An – The Pros and Cons
• Lifestart Foundation – Creating Self-Sufficiency
• James from the UK – (aka the Birdman ) volunteers again
• On Your Marks, Get Set…. Over 150 miles to go in the desert
• Meet Beth – A New Physiotherapist Volunteer From The Uk Via India & Nepal
• Meet Sheila From Shropshire Hills – UK
• Meet Emma from New Zealand
• Learn more about International Volunteering
• A New Project for Lifestart Foundation
• Update from Lifestart Foundation Free Disability Centre
• Meet Carmen from Germany
• Meet Sahar from the UK
• Meet Robbie and Al from Australia
• Meet Sahar from the UK
• Al and Robbie
• Meet Trisha from New Zealand
• Art Classes with Lone from Denmark 9th August 2011
• Ruth: Teaching English in Vietnam 31st May 2011
• E: Why Vietnam Rocks 9th Dec 2010
• Sue: Capacity Building and Cleaning Up Mud 29th July 2010
• Mark and Mary: Teaching English as a Second Language November 2009
• Tropical Storm Ketsana – A picture is worth a thousand words
• Cycle Vietnam for a Worthy Cause – Jan 17th 2009
• Doctor John – Jan 14th 2009
• Memory Portraits – Jan 14th 2009
• Birdman Returns – Jul 15th 2008
• Meet Sherry – A dream volunteer – Apr 30th 2008
Tot: 2.674s; Tpl: 0.053s; cc: 7; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0597s; 2; m:saturn w:www (220.127.116.11); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.5mb