Suit up


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
August 3rd 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

beaches, tailors, old town, my son, yada yada yada......

i'll write all about this stuff later but enjoy the photos


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

LocalsLocals
Locals

Kiwi and I riding the push bike just like the locals do. One in front to stear, the other in back to push. The vietnamese were quite amused with us.
Typical StreetsTypical Streets
Typical Streets

When you get away from the hustle and bustle you find quiet streets like this. This is the Hoi An that everyone talks about and loves.
Stressed OutStressed Out
Stressed Out

Our first attempt at finding a tailor to make some clothes for us. They were way to pushy and did not give us the right vibe. I was really going crazy.
Old Town BeautyOld Town Beauty
Old Town Beauty

The old town in Hoi An was filled with beautiful old buildings and fantastic shops. Here is an example of some of the old architecture.
Thunder Clouds at a DistanceThunder Clouds at a Distance
Thunder Clouds at a Distance

Sunny days can quickly be spoiled by thunder, lightning and rain. These clouds never made it in to town to rain on us and instead just made for a really nice picture.
Central MarketCentral Market
Central Market

Where you can find the most fresh produce, fish and meat in town. Not to mention a great 1 dollar lunch or dinner.
Japanese CoveredJapanese Covered
Japanese Covered

This bridge is a famous sight in Hoi An. We were not all that impressed. Probably just a US made bridge with a Japanese cover.
Street StallsStreet Stalls
Street Stalls

A typical sight every night. The three of us visiting the local street stalls to have amazing food for sooooo cheap.
Welcome to the JungleWelcome to the Jungle
Welcome to the Jungle

At My Son temples we got of the beaten track to find some real vietnamese jungle.
CavemanCaveman
Caveman

Inside the caves at the Marble Mountains.
Tight fitTight fit
Tight fit

Some places required a whole lot of work to get to, but in the end each cave and each peak was worth the visit.
Fit to perfectionFit to perfection
Fit to perfection

Just showing off some of my new clothes. Don't need to worry about them fitting since they were made just for me.
My TailorsMy Tailors
My Tailors

The beutiful tailors that helped make my new wardrobe. That guy on the right really took a liking to me. I think his hand is on my ass in that photo.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb