Day 8 Vietnam, Hoi An, electric bike riding!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
January 10th 2012
Published: January 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was super duper aliuper fun!!! We had a great all you can eat buffe't for breakfast which consisted of, fried eggs, many shrimp dumplings, dragon fruit, banana, pineapple, watermellon, orange, and paw paw. Delicious. Afterwards we hired an electric bike for the day. $7 for two! In Vietnam there are awesome helmets that are shaped like caps and I got to wair one for the day! Also, in Vietnam, on the back of bikes, there is a seat at the back, so here we are zooming through town, with Kyle on the back of Dad, and me riding on the back with Mum. First we went to the beach. Well we didn't exactly go to the beach but we drove past it. BRRRRRRRR! COLD! Anyway we started driving out of Hoi An and we saw some amazing buffalo and ladies working in the beautiful green rice fields. We also saw some cattle just lazing around and grazing on the fresh grass. We kept going towards another town but then decided to go back for a rest. When we got up again we went back on to our electric bikes. We rode around town looking at stuff, we had a lunch of spring rolls, white rose (which by the way is a dumpling), fried rice, nooodles, and pineaple and banana pancake. We had a chat and went back. Then, we got back on our electric bikes for the last time 😞. This time we went to the markets to buy Dad a hat. We looked around and found Dad a couple of polo caps but they were too expensive and we couldn't barter them down. We kept going and found some Vietnamese souvenir hats. Same thing happened. That's when we decided to go return our bike. We went for one last ride and returned the bikes. We went back to the hotel, and went to sleep. I look foward to writing to you tommorrow. Zac.

Advertisement



13th January 2012

Electric Bikes
Hi Zac, We are learning so much from your blogs, so keep up the good work. I wondered if you could remember where you hired the Electric Bikes from was it in the centre of Hoi An? Don't worry if you can't. Although we get free bikes, I think an Electric one for the day sounds like a good idea. Regards P&P
13th January 2012

Hi P&P thanks for you comment we got our bikes from a mixed business on Tran Hung Dao (road/street??) near our hotel Hai Au it cost us $7 for each bike and was well worth it. Also the bike tours link is below and they have either a Half day tour (which we did) or a full day this tour is a must we all loved it. http://www.vietnam-bicycle.com/
13th January 2012

Brilliant
Thanks very much the link I have not seen before and just what we wanted. So look out for our blog starting 18th Feb and we will follow up some of the recommendations. I must say Zac you like your breakfasts! They sound brilliant. Thanks once again really helpful information. Just following up the Heaven and Earth Tours, they have brilliant feedback on Trip Advisor and we had not seen that, so it just goes to show. 207 reviews 186 Excellent and the rest very good! Pass on to Kyle to mind the sinking sand! And hope he enjoys the Water Park.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb