Hoi An - Vietnam


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
October 26th 2011
Saved: September 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hoi An after a long trip from Ho Chi Minh City which involved a day's stop over in Nha Trang. This weren't too bad as Nha Trang had a lovely beach and we got to witness the beginning of an epic flood in the evening just before our second coach to Hoi An arrived.

Hoi An was a relatively quiet town with lots of culture and old buildings and the market/river were two of the main attractions there. However, it boasted two beaches which we made good use by soaking up the sun in the day and then going out round the bars of a night. We also rented bicycles to ride around the town of a day time (and also of a night time in which we'd usually ride side to side due to being a bit too bladdered) but the 1 thing about the bicycles here is they absoloutely KILL your tush off. So after a couple of days of tearing ourselves new cracks we decided to rent a moped for a good price and took a long ride to the next town of Da Nong. Da Nong was boss it had a lovely beach and a massive statue of what Sophie would describe as the buddhist version of 'Our Lady'. Thing is by the time we got to the top of the hill in which the statue stood it was night time! Sorry folks no pics! But it resembled the world famous statue of Jesus Christ in Rio da Janeiro in Brazil and I'm sure you can find pictures of it on google! Was a treat to see!

Apart from the beaches and bars we made the best of the market, I got a shirt and shoes made for less than 50 quid in the space of a day thanks to the talented tailors of Vietnam! Anyway we did really enjoy Hoi An and Vietnam in general but we decided to head off to Laos for my birthday after hearing loads of good things from fellow travellers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb