Hot In Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 4th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were quite sad to say goodbye to TiTi and Sam but after another amazing lunch it was time to part company and they dropped us off at a very sweet hotel in Hoi An. When we got out of the car we realised it was a lot hotter there than the highlands so we were glad to have a pool and a nice air conditioned room to escape from the heat. Just as we were heading to the pool an almighty storm started and so our first night in Hoi An was spent eating won ton soup in our room and watching tv! The next day we decided we would have to fly to Hanoi pretty soon if we wanted to spend a few days in Ha Long bay so booked our flight for early next morning. We spent the day by the pool hiding under the umbrella and then hiding in the room as the temperature rose to 38! Again the rains came but we managed to brave the storm and went out for a stroll and some food. Within about 5 minutes of leaving the hotel it became evident it was a good thing we hadn't ventured out of the hotel sooner; they have the most incredible tailors who make you trousers and shirts for $10 and handmade shoes, of any design, for $15 - thank god we had booked our flight otherwise I might have filled quite a few bags and ours are big enough already! We went to a lovely little bar and had some food and got talking to a guy from brisbane, turned out he lived in bridgnorth for 3 years - small world yet again! We didn't really see much of Hoi An which in one way was probably a good thing but it was a lovely place and I can see us going back there one day, if only for the shopping!!!!!!

I didn't really take many photo's in Hoi An, well two to be exact, so i have put some more random ones from our trip to the highlands!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.057s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb