Arrival at Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
August 30th 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After another slightly shorter coach journey (4hrs) we arrived in Hoi An at 6pm outside the An Phu Hotel (owned by the bus company). We again are ushered inside where we find out the hotel boasts a restaurant and pool and rooms with aircon and bath are only 15$. Needless to say we snapped this one up! While sorting out the booking a friendly Canadian couple told us about a great restaurant where they had eaten a few times, the full moon restaurant. In need of food we dumped our bags and headed out to find this restaurant where low and behold we found the Canadian couple. We sat on the table next to them and shared travelling stories while munching on the highly recommended spring rolls! The couple also recommended a book we must read before reaching Cambodia about the violent history of the country - "First they killed my Father". The couple were very nice and invited us out the next day. Unfortunately due to our schedule and that we were unsure what we would fit in we couldn't commit to anything. We said goodnight and headed back to the hotel.

We checked out the restaurant because Dom was hungry and ordered a pancake and played some pool. We met two Australian guys, one supported Arsenal-whey! After a little chat about travels and tonights big game (Arsenal vs Newcastle 3-0) we said goodnight and turned to find the Canadian couple doing exactly what we were and getting more food! That night Dom stayed up to watch the Arsenal game.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb