Out of Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
August 16th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Japanese Bridge, Hoi AnJapanese Bridge, Hoi AnJapanese Bridge, Hoi An

With candles floating underneath
Final night in Hoi An was the first night of the Full Moon Festival and all the locals were out on the streets and river. Many street performances were on and lots of people were hiring boats to release candles in little paper boats out on to the river. Unfortunately the power failed at the funfair at 9 pm so only those places with their own power supply could continue.

Thoughts on Vietnam


1. We preferred the South to the North although there were many more scenic areas in the North.
2. Someone once wrote that "He who wins the war, writes the history". This is obviously reflected in the War Museums throughout Vietnam.
3. Bia Hoi rules!!
4. Try to maintain your sense of humour and sense of proportion - most arguments are only about less than a few dollars or even cents.
5. Most annoyances in Vietnam are small and petty and with time and distance fade in contrast to the happy memories of some lovely, kind people.
6. The drive to modernisation has created vast rifts between the people at the bottom and those at the top.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

People on the riverPeople on the river
People on the river

Releasing floating candles, funfair in the background
Shooting gallery (popguns!)Shooting gallery (popguns!)
Shooting gallery (popguns!)

First prize - A can of beer


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb