Hue to Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
May 8th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We felt that we had endured everything Hue had to offer so we booked a bus to Hoi An and agin made the most of 12pm check out! We ambled around for a while until we found a quaint little restaurant. The meal was very tasty and included some interesting D.I.Y spring rolls.

Due to the heat and other factors, we decided to sit in a quiet little cafe near our hotel and wait for the bus to arrive! The beers were icy cold and we enjoyed a few games of cards before the bus picked us up around 2pm. This time however, the bus was slightly newer and the seats were larger although just as uncomfortable! Fours later we arrived in Hoi An and headed to a nearby cafe for some food and generally to avoid the hassle from hotel owners. After some Cao Lau (noodles, soup, salad and pork), a local speciality we were presented with darkness but quickly negotiated our way to a nice road with plenty of hotels! The first two we tried were both very appealing with swimming pools but were unfortunately had no vacancies! Luckily, just next door was a nice little family run hotel and Ollie calmly negotiated a big room, with three beds and very cold air conditioning! However, one of the clauses in the contract was that we purchase some beers from the hotel! The evening was already only heading in one direction!

After some cards and a brief freshen up we headed out into the main town! We immediately liked the place and the quiet sleepy town with plenty of bars and restaurants was just what we had been searching for! First stop was a bar/restaurant with a large pool table and very resonably priced beers. We played pool with some Americans and hit a couple more bars before heading back to our hotel, which coincidently we weren't quite sure where it was located and didnt even know the name...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb