tailors, hot, hot, hot


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 24th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hoi an is a gem, you will either love it or hate it. it's listed in the UNESCO world heritage. for my personal preference, i hate it. because it was sooo hot (i've never felt so hot and there was virtually no clouds in the sky) and we were so unlucky to have the electricity cut off for 2 days. so from 6am-6pm, we had to wake up early because there was no ventilation, hang ard and wait for time to pass. you cant do/see much in hoi an because it's really small and the number of tailor shops are even more than restaurants. and you cant really do much shopping around because they won't let you off once u step into the shop. but the tailors are really good and that is why alot of ang mos come to hoi an to get a new wardrobe for such a good price. the tailors can sew up a storm just by looking at the pictures you want. i didn't have anything in mind so i skipped it. the boyfriend did a blazer for 30USD and 2 shirts for 16USD. which was really cheap for a made-to-measure price. i did a sandal and a heel which i regretted so much i don't think i'm ever wearing it. but besides this, the shop-houses and chinese looking buildings are really a charm aside compared to the other cities and towns we went. you will find lots of painters (vietnam has alot of artists), chinese lanterns, weaving, woodcrafts etc etc). try their fried wantons, white rose(smth like ha gao) and cao lao(pork noodle). we love the fried wantons especially. you can also get lots of fresh draft beers called bia hoi here for a really cheap price SGD0.30 per cup. i had this tiramisu cake at cargo club cafe and that's when i got my stomachache. and i was developing a fever due to the high temp of that place. so we had to move on quickly because the heat was unbearable. i was still alright here, until i got into Hue. dots.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb