beaches and tailor made suits...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 31st 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a hot but surprisingly ok bus journey from Hue we arrived in Hoi An. We instantly decided we liked the place, reminding us a little bit of Louang Prabang with its little side streets and french influence. We went for a little walk around and were immediately accosted by staff from one of the 300 tailor shops in this tiny town! We'd heard good things about this particular place so decided to have a look around at the clothes on display and catalogues (they had NEXT catalogues from which you could choose anything from and they'd make it for you at about a fifth of the price!). We couldn't resist so the next day we went in, got measured, chose our suit styles, colours and lining and placed our order, which we were told would be ready in 24 hours-crazy!

The rest of the day we spent exploring the old town, including a pretty Japanese covered bridge, market and the interesting old streets. Whilst munching some lunch Claire spotted a coat in a nearby tailors that she couldn't resist so went and ordered that too!

Next morning we tried on our suits for size and were really chuffed with the results considering the price we'd paid. We then jumped on some bicycles for a pleasant, flat, 4 km cycle ride to the beach. The beach was definately one of the best we'd seen, huge, and not too crowded which made for a very nice, relaxing day on our deckchairs😊 We had a little dip in the sea and went for a stroll along the bright white sand. Late afternoon we headed back to Hoi An to pick up Claire's coat- which again we werevery impressed with- quality was excellent.

Just killing some time now before our 12 hour overnight bus journey down the coast to Nha Trang and some (if possible) even better white beaches with lots of water sports to enjoy. We're both still feeling a bit ill unfortunately so we've not been able to do as much as we'd like- hopefully we can shake it off soon with some cocktails on the beach😊!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb