Calling all girls to Hoi An!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 9th 2007
Published: July 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a 15 hour bus ride from North Vietnam, we arrived in the quite coast town of Hoi An. We knew ahead of time that you can get tailor made clothes here, so we were excited to just get maybe a dress or top. We learned that Hoi An had over 200 tailor shops in town! Our feminine instincts soon kicked in and over the course of the first day we were fitted for 4 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of high heels, three dresses, 3 tops, 3 skirts, 2 bikinis, and 2 jackets. We probably got in over our heads, as we later realised we spent too much precious time picking up items and getting more fittings. It's too bad we didn't take pictures of our new outfits so we could show you online. Right now they're probably somewhere on the Pacific Ocean in a cargo ship destined for Toronto. (We hope...It may take up to 3 months to arrive!)

Despite the the bombardment of fabrics, styles, and tailor shops, we enjoyed a few bike rides to the beach and dining on balconies with leaf covered canopies. I forgot to mention our guesthouse...It had beautiful, ornate mohangany carvings throughout the furniture and walls, and all the rooms overlooked a lovely swimming pool... Only $10-12/night! Our balcony view from our room was cute too...We'll try to get a pic up soon.

Cherith attended a a beach party to celebrate Canada Day...Here is her account:

Thanks to Rachael and John we found out there was a possible beach party happening. Since I really hadn't done any parting yet, I decided I would go check it out. It was at a beach resort which had been set up early in the day for a wedding. Rachael and I took the liberty to finish off what we though was left over champagne, but it turned out to be custard. 😊 The custard had liquer in it, so we were happy. So let me explain the night. Two Buckets (small buckets with a handle and straws) consisting of OJ, Vodka and Redbull was only 40,000 dong. Conversion: $1USD = 16,000. So for under 3 dollars I got TWO buckets. It was the best double-fisting ever! "Hmm, which bucket should i drink from ?" After making some new friends, the Aussies that we travelled to Ha Long Bay and Sapa with showed up.

Adrian,whom rarely drinks, clearly had a few before arriving! The rest of the night consisted up running around on the beach, swimming (For John) and lots of drunkin dancing.

By the end of the night Adrian passed out on a beach chair and getting him to the taxi was more work then we expected. Thanks to his good mate, Chubba, Adrian was finally in the cab. Although he decided this is not where he wanted to be, Chubba had to fight him and sit on him just to keep him in the taxi! The whole time Adrian was sobbing, "Stop Chubba! No Chubba! Chubba, I don't want to go!CHUBBBAAA!Chubba told him to stop crying and home we all went.

We heard later that Adriah had a big gash on his leg, but was OK. The total cost of all that fun: under $5, including cabs.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb