Day 358 - Massage Hell


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A day of little action except for collecting all our newly made clothes. The only other point of note was the massage that came as part of our honeymoon package. Gemma enjoyed the relaxation, if not the vertebrae separating, but for Ed it was half an hour of feeling very very uncomfortable. A return visit to a massage parlour is a long way off. However that does remind us of a story we heard from one of our fellow passengers on the Halong Bay junk.

An American guy called France but who didn’t seem to have ever been abroad before had an interesting experience in Vietnam after he fell off his motorbike. Basically he decided he needed a massage because his back hurt, and anyone who has been to Asia will tell you that massage signs are literally everywhere, although everyone knows that you often get more than a massage. France picked this kind of place and his naivety must have amazed the workers - to cut a long story short he ended up paying a lot of money for 12 beers he didn’t drink and the pleasure of spending a couple of hours teaching a no doubt bemused young Vietnamese girl some English words in a softly-furnished room. And no one fixed his sore back!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 97; dbt: 0.1468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb